Saturday, January 24, 2009

The Start

Here I sit in the peacefulness of the dawn to begin my journey of online blogging, partly due to the fact that my daughter Andrea has been pressuring me for sometime to get one going, and the other because I have always been a journalist in recording the events of my life for decades. Now, while there is not much here to start with, keep in mind that there are volumes of records in the upstairs closet of my very messy office bound by deteriorated and broken elastic bands that have not been looked at for many years. I started the art of journaling as a young girl with the traditional diary one gets herself to record all the secrets and adventures she wants NO ONE to be privy to. The whereabouts of these journals are lost to me now, but I still have the mementos of my youth in an old case in the attic. Back in the historic times, journaling was begotten by pen and paper, but with the advance of technology, electronic recording was born. I remember the old days when home computers were born, dual floppy discs, (I thought I was the bomb with this one!) and now wireless and portable smartphones with unlimited texting, Internet, and Facebooking via mobile are utilized. In this way, memories can be forever remembered with back-ups and DVD storage at your beck and call. My old dear palm pilot is still around, just more revolutionized and hopefully my data will not become lost in the throws of space as many of the crashes, due to my ignorance of the past with computer reformatting, which caused the lose of so much of my memories of late. My goal has always been to write a book, of which I will do by the age of 60. Gosh, I realize this is only 9 years away, where has all the time gone. I don't feel 50 1/2 yrs old but the memories are forever locked into my mind and now is the time to record electronically before the cells in my brain shrivel and die. I only wish that I will be able to contribute to the significance in others lives as they have impacted me. As a health care professional, my focus has been on "Self Help" with my vast personal and professional experiences, and in this way, I want to offer to mankind the same opportunity to impact others with my thoughts and advise in the hopes I can add value in their life. My writing skills, while not perfect, have continued to improve with age and experience, will be tested here in these postings. My daughters Andrea and Sabrina have grown tremendously in this department and are quite articulate in their wording. Enjoy these affirmations of thought and conviction in being the best that you can be. I will contribute my words of humor and leave you to ponder these experiences with the hope of adding value to your day. So I close with my best wishes for a "Purpose Driven Life" for both you and myself. Happy blogging to you all.

Always ,
Karen

1 comment:

Andi said...

Well is is about time...I saw the picture and that was it. Well put, very serious...