Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Renovation Part III


Well, it's been awhile since I posted, too busy to fill you all in on the particulars, but in a nut shell, it looks like a bomb blow up our little (now big) bathroom project. Will post the pictures at a later date, all locked up into my phone camera right now. After deconstructing the old drywall, we discovered there was no insulation between the walls to the adjoining bathroom, so that is going up. Next, we discovered that before we could place the new paperless drywall, mold free, we had to take up the old tile, thus the bomb. Was there glue under the old tile, well heck NO, there was cement. At least there was tar paper between the cement and the planking. So Sabrina gets out the axe and starts pounding out the tile and cement, which stills lies on the floor. Will take at least 6 bags of crushed cement and dust to empty the room. It looks small in there now, so once that is out, the entire bathroom has been gutted and everything in there will be new except for the plumbing and electric and the original bathtub. We will have to see if anything else needs replacing then. Sabrina got an offer to have a friend of ours come to help put up the new drywall this weekend and took the offer. We did have an estimate for the job, at the cost of $850 which we kindly rejected. Just to hang walls and mud was a bit more than we thought was a fair price. Once we clear the rubble and lay new cement board on the floors go down throughout the room, the walls can go up and the reconstructing begins. Looks like this weekend this it will happen.

At this time, still no electric to any of the bathrooms and the hot tub lies quiet as well, which I miss terribly. Even if it was hooked up, I have been working so much overtime, I don't have much time to relax and enjoy it. Still studying daily for the CRNI exam, which I will be taking on the 25th of March. Pushing for a 90 overall but will just be glad to pass. Good review and lots of memorizing special points, not my strength, but getting wiser daily. I have lots of other events coming up as well before then so pacing myself is more important every day. The first weekend in March I am off to Charlotte to see Elton John and Billy Joel in concert. A first for me, since my last concert was in high school days. I remember the days when I saw Bobby Sherman live when I was a teen, and screaming like some insane youngster till I couldn't talk a word. Now I know I am dating myself when I speak of Bobby Sherman, but he was hot back then, so I thought as a young girl.

Between all of the excitement of the house, I have been busy working my business, showing business plans and planning skin clinics and getting new customers on my wonderful products. On the road again brings new meaning to the phrase. Racking up the miles on my 95 Explorer, good ole Betty has been good to me, I am enjoying the quiet and reflective time and jamming to the music to stay awake. Now I potentially have another side line of work doing consulting and educating in my nursing line of work. So overall, things are busy and often times only time to sleep once I finally get home. Trying to make sure I am not up past 1 am, as at this pace, I would crash without enough sleep.

Sabrina got her preceptorship for school, a job offer and her internship for her credentially all in one week. She is doing famously, straight A's in school, almost a 4.0 average and dating new people. Might find Mr Right in one of them. She is learning to pace herself as well, and doing well, helping me with meals and shopping for food in the spare time she has. The VA issue and the truck issue is almost resolved, still waiting for the final settlements to work themselves out.
Sabrina, Andrea and Kevin meet next month for a ski vacation in Germany, poor me gets to sit this one out but know they will have a great time and all the rest and relaxation.

Well, that's it for now. Will get the pictures up this weekend on the renovation and an update as I have time. Bless you all. Till we meet again. Au Voir.

1 comment:

Andi said...

A AX!! You let her bring an AX into the house. We are talking about my sister here aren't we? I'm home, will call later. love ya!