Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Smooth Ceiling



OK, we have have passed the messy stage now, Sabrina came through on Saturday and Sunday to take down the popcorn ceiling, easier than first expected and down in no time. She didn't have to wet it as much as first anticipated. The mess is gone and now we have semi-smooth walls and ceiling. I sigh with relief to be past this first demolition stage. The dust of white still lingers in the room and the on the rugs and walls of the hallway, but hey, who said renovations was clean. A little dust never hurt anyone. Sabrina looked like she poured baby powder all over herself that day and made me remember the day Andrea and her kissing cousin actually did that when they were 2 yrs old. A classic picture, all you see was the dark of Andrea's eyes. And here stands Sabrina, quite a few years older with the same look.

Not sure we we go from here. A bit of leftover paper still lies on the wall behind the toilet and vanity, which are next to come out. That should be fun. Andrea picked out a vanity for me, and funny, it was on the cover of Lowe's this week in the circular, so I am going to check it out. It matches the new bedroom furniture I want too, too bad this bathroom is not the master's bath, but maybe we can get one to fit once we tackle that bath. I believe a house is a forever transition of upgrades, one never seems to finish.

Not sure why I find it necessary to do my posting so early in the morning. I got up at 2:30 am for some unknown reason and should be sleeping, tomorrow is going to be another crazy day. I find I am more focused at this time in the morning, however, so maybe this is the reason I feel the need to tap away on the keyboard. Remember the days of the typewriter! OK, I know a lot of you are saying no, but I am glad technology has brought us to this point.

Well, got to get some more sleep, at least another 2 hours, so will close. Here are a couple of pics of the smooth ceiling and Sabrina the ghost. Enjoy. Will be sipping on coffee here in a few more hours. Chow.

No comments: