Monday, February 23, 2009

Update on Renovation

Well, again at a standstill. The project just gets deeper and deeper the more we deconstruct. Found out the the "little" leak has been a bit more progressive than the bathroom area, it has made it's way down the walls and ceiling in the living area. The mold is behind the paint on the drywall and pushing the tape on the mud off and will need to be replaced. Love the $$$$ as it flies out the window. Will have to replace the ceiling there too, which was kind of in the plan but not necessary new drywall. I'm laughing all the way to the bank. Found some staining under the tile and concrete in the bathroom, but it is dry and no longer wet, praise God for this one. After much debate and not getting the help that was to come this past weekend, we are hiring a pro to hang the drywall. After the mud and taping is done, the rest of the project will be gravy. Sabrina and I have yet to agree on a color for the walls, the tile is picked out and I have an idea on the vanity, so will have to see who wins this one. I did give her carte blanche on the project so will have to stand by my word but will try and influence her as much as I can. I am posting the last "disaster" pictures, which has since been cleaned up a bit, but still has alot of tools and stuff lingering in the halls and spare room. As usual, I am laughing and just shaking my head at the mess and see the bigger picture completed in another few weeks. Off to study for the exam. Only about a month to go and will move onto other projects. Got to book my flight to England for July, and found a price under $950. Au Voir.

1 comment:

Andi said...

OCEAN BLUE!!! Paint the bathroom OCEAN BLUE!!! When you put chocolate accents in there it will look great.